Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March goes out like a lion, ROAR!

        
                     Well, well, well, what a great week, full of music & travel.





           Upon our arrival at the  beautiful MOONRISE hotel, we were ensconced over to the wine and cheese reception the manager's were having. There couldn't have been a better start to a fantastic couple of days. Well except, once we finally made it up to our lovely room, one of our girlfriends, had sent us a beautiful bottle of shiraz named  Layer Cake to get things started.
  Damn I have some great friends.  Thank you again love. 

Bob Schneider and band, rocked and rolled without his trumpet player Oliver, who was out sick. He was terribly missed.  I have only been fortunate enough to see this band one other time and the trumpet portion of the show, for me, is right up at the tippy top.  My dad played the trombone and was a bit of a maestro, so I come by it honestly.

I will most definitely be following this band ANYTIME they get to the Midwest and I recommend you give them a listen. Their website is amazing, interactive and informative, so give it a try, when you have some free time, at work.  haha



After a day of rest and visiting with my family I met my husband, ditched my car at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield and back to St. Louis I go. Kind of a rendezvous, if you will. lol. We got checked in again to the Moonrise hotel and a friend joined us in the pre party at the hotel.  Several  beers later, we trekked down to Blueberry Hill in anticipation of a night with Stoney.  Mike's FAVE.

                                                                              


Stoney came out and played for a good two hours plus and let us listen to lots and lots of new stuff. It was quite fantastic hearing so many of his new songs.  I was able to get a picture of the setlist, so you can see some of those new ones.  Velvet was really sweet, really damn sweet.

I would love to know when we will be getting our hands on another new cd, anyone know? 


After the show, Stoney came out and did some signing and such, however our feet would not allow us to stand any longer. So we limped back to the Moonrise and tucked ourselves into the wonder of the Enrapture Eurotop, which we now WANT to purchase.  Did I mention that I love this hotel? 






                                            Until we meet again. I'll remember you like this. :::)))


I'm back home now and back to work on finding more shows in the Midwest.  I've added several dates to the WHO WHAT and WHERE!    Chris Knight, Ray Wylie Hubbard , The Eagles w/ The Dixie Chicks, just to name a few. If you've not seen the Eagles, I'll betchya that will be a great show.  Huge venues', pricey tickets, but I recommend seeing them at least once.

   I also will be seeing a musician for the first time, tomorrow night. Alejandro Escovedo.  He's playing at the Uptown Grill in Lasalle, Il.  I've downloaded a bit of his stuff and I think I'll love him "live".  I'll let you know.  Have yourself a great day and above all, enjoy the music and spring.

.
Goodbye March,

xXMusicGypsyXx
  

3 comments:

  1. Very nice and do enjoy your show tomorrow in LaSalle. Moonrise Over and Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with Alejandro Escovedo tomorrow - he is a really nice guy - I wish I could make that one. I get to see him on Saturday - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch girls. I woke up with a huge smile on my face. It's MUSIC day, again. Really what a week, I won't no what to do with myself next week. Or for the next two weeks for that matter.

    ReplyDelete